Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Story of Jacob's birth...the short version

The day Jacob was born we went to the hospital because I thought I was in labor. While we were in triage Nate stood up and cracked his head on a TV hanging on the wall. (They have since removed this TV). So while I was in triage Nate was in the ER getting stitches. Turns out it wasn't time so we were sent home with some sleeping pills in my system. Little did we know that Jacob was ready and no sooner did we get home and into bed when my water broke and labor was in full swing. This time we bypassed triage and went straight to our room. Labor was extremely fast, no time for any drugs... except the sleeping pills I had taken which made things interesting. We were in such a rush that we forgot about going to park our car. A security man came to find us later that night. Oops.

Proud papa
What a great feeling. Hard to believe that was all four years ago!

1 comment:

lbindl said...

AWE, can't believe he's four...WOWA!