Sunday, June 1, 2008

Race for the Cure


Saturday was the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure run/walk in Madison. It was my first official run, yeah! A group of us from work formed a team called the Pink PICU Pals. We ran in celebration of a co-worker, Cheryl, who is currently going through treatment for breast cancer. She even showed up and participated.

I had another reason for running... my aunt Kay. She also recently discovered that she has breast cancer. She has one chemo treatment left!! It is amazing to me what a positive attitude she has had throughout her diagnosis and treatment. Kay, my mom, and some of their sisters are going to be walking in the 3 day breast cancer walk in Minnesota this October. Can you imagine that..... 3 days!!! The least I could do was run a 5K.

No comments: